New Year… New Me….. I DON’T THINK SO. Looking back at 2016- sure I have regrets I wish I could change, wishes I did not get, and dreams I did not achieve… and it is great (most of the time). I am a person who is driven to get up and make today better, a life long learner looking for new inspiration and knowledge. If I knew it all, accomplished it all, had it all – I have no idea why I would be getting up to tackle another day, to grow, to improve, and to have a chance to yet again say “I told you so” to myself.
I do not believe in new year resolutions… I feel like that says I do not love all that I am- let’s do a complete over haul. All my mistakes, issues, insecurities, weaknesses, and flaws somehow won me the most wonderful husband and the love of our children. I don’t have the time, energy, or want for an overhaul. However, instead I like to pick new goals (sometimes general and sometimes measurable). Last year I was ready to go- I planned out my goals for THE ENTIRE YEAR. CRAZY. By February – life with 2 kids, husband, work, and a dog happened and I was already off track. So I am taking a new approach. This approach includes:
- 1 “Long Term” QUARTERLY blogging goal
- 1 Monthly Reading goal
- 1 Monthly health/fitness goal
To kick off 2017 –
– I WILL prepare at least 2 blog entries each week from January-March
– I WILL complete and participate in the book study: All Things New by Kelly Minter
– I WILL plan a healthy on the go breakfast 3 times a week to replace the drive through chicken biscuit.