Summer break … bitter sweet. I have had lots of rest and tackled many projects. By the end of the day – I am still tired. It is day 14 (weekdays only)…
Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds
James 1: 2
Confession– I am a BIG work in progress when counting it all joy. So lets practice…
- I am TIRED of the crumbs and the request for the 100th snack of the day- before lunch – I am JOYFUL that I can provide snacks and he is healthy enough to enjoy them.
- I am TIRED the number of outfits worn for 30 seconds and put in the laundry – I am JOYFUL that I am able to do laundry.
- I am TIRED of the number of toys stuffed somewhere and claimed to be put away- I am JOYFUL for the laughter that was heard while playing with them.
- I JOYFUL for the extra cuddles, chit chats, help with small chores.
What daily things will you try to count as joy today?
So I had an idea come out of no where. This came to me in like one big boom- here it is – this is how- can’t sleep now, get up and do it. I truly believe this is something that was placed on my heart for someone somewhere.
I will be writing prayer postcards. If placed on your heart, go fill out a prayer postcard request. Link is on the top menu bar of website. Currently only sending to US addresses.
To be honest, for the longest time I hated writing (and reading for the most part). As I walk through this life on Earth, I have come to love expressing the 1001 thoughts in my head through writing. By writing, I encourage myself to keep growing and learning. I am stimulated by learning and growing. The greatest growth I have had, is while purposefully journaling. I am not the best with this day to day. But when I look back, these moments held some of the biggest epiphanies, strongest moments of being at peace without understanding and have become an important thread in the quilt of my testimonies.
We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us.
1 John 1:3
So with that I have created a monthly challenge– to help hold me accountable and hopefully give direction to someone needing it. The monthly challenge will focus around quick 5 minute daily journaling. July 2019 challenge will focus on self discovering and finding the joy of the miraculous design of our flaws. I hope you will come along with me. I will post the 30 day calendar at the end of June. I also invite you to hop over to my facebook page – where I will post daily the prompt and invite you to share or learn from others sharing. I am really excited about this new addition to my little corner on the inter-webs.
So grab your bedroom food… I am currently savoring a few mini Hershey milk chocolate easter eggs.
Not such a news flash … I have flaws. In the last few years, I have been working on embracing, laughing at and loving my flaws. The official definition of flaw is a mark, fault or imperfection that mars a substance or object. Clearly the person who wrote this was not comfortable with the perfect design of our flaws by the Lord.
Confession– I REALLY struggled with this for a VERY long time EVERYDAY. Luckily, it is only a struggle sometimes now.
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Psalms 139: 14 (ESV)
I am flawed in so many ways. This is how I landed on OverFlawed Mom years ago – when this idea was just a fleeting thought that made me toss and turn at night. Yes I am over flawed – and I thanks the good Lord most days for every flaw he designed and will use in one shape or form. My prayer for you this week – is that you are loving your flaws.
I am so excited about the Just James study. Not only because this is the inaugural study, but because this has quickly become one of my favorite books of the Bible. If you are interested in this opportunity – you need to do the following:
- Required: Hop on over to my facebook page for group joining info
- Optional Items– you do NOT need these to actively participate in the group study. I will provide all needed information for discussions.
- If you want a hard copy of the Just James Study you have 2 options
- Women in the Word This is great quick read, I enjoyed it so much I ended up ordering a hard copy so I could write in it.